Tuesday 28 May 2013

Low calorie/fat Quiche.

When I was doing the Slimming World healthy eating plan I got heaps of fabulous recipes from the Minimins website and this quiche was one of my favourites because there was no crust base to increase the calorie or Syn value - basically I could eat it over a couple of days and know it was safe.

Ingredients:-
4 Eggs.
Tub of Cottage Cheese (Low fat) - I used the one with chives added.
Any other filling you want i.e Mushrooms, Onion, Ham, Bacon, Peppers, Tomatoes.
Herbs

  • Whisk the eggs, add the cottage cheese and then fold in all the chopped ingredients of your choice.
  • Top with sliced Tomato
  • Cook in the oven set to 200 for around 30 minutes.
  • Once cooked chill in the fridge. 



It really is delicious and this is what I had for tea along with Barbecue chicken (Chicken breast cooked on the George Foreman grill with a thin coating of BBQ sauce) and banana. I don't know why but I suddenly like eating fruit (especially Banana, Strawberry & Grape) with my dinner - Banana and chicken is a particular favourite. Hey, don't knock it till you've tried it!


I was determined to get up and run this morning. I had it all planned last night - the route I would run and how I would run it, I was even going to give my cheap heart rate monitor one last chance before I stomped on it.
When I got up this morning though I felt like I'd been hit by a truck and just couldn't get motivated for it - tomorrow is another day though!

No comments:

Post a Comment