Sunday 21 April 2013

Dietbet - are you in on it?

A month of no posting, needless to say I had no motivation. I don't know how it happened but I missed a couple of days of Insanity and it was all downhill from there, I just couldn't get motivated back into it. Of course that made me feel like a complete failure which in turn made me wallow which then led to me convincing myself "who wants to lose weight anyway! I am what I am".
I needed accountability!
Going back to a slimming club was no good because I only get weighed and then leave (I am not a joiner inner) so I wasn't really talking to anyone about how it was going.
Slimming in a family of skinny people is haaaard but there must be a million and one other people who manage it so what could I do to find that accountability?
Biggest loser is out the question and as I don't have any friends up here (my choice) I don't really have support that way. I was kind of resigned to the fact that it was hopeless and then good old FB came up with the goods, or more precisely FB page "Sunshines journey to 199". I've followed that page for a while now and I'm hoping I manage to get on one of the accountability groups but what has really got me excited is "Dietbet".
I followed a link after it was posted on Sunshines page that she had just started a new "Dietbet" challenge and I loved what I found - just the motivation I needed.
"Dietbet" is a challenge where you have 4 weeks to lose 4% of your start weight. There are various challenges ongoing but what makes this so much motivational is that you pay a stake fee (these range form $10 - $500) and as long as you lose at least the 4% then you will win a portion of what's in the pot for that challenge.
At the time of writing this the challenge I have joined has £17,875 in the pot. This will get shared out amongst those who manage to pass the challenge.
I will be weighing in first thing Monday April 22nd and I have to take a full length image of me on the scales and a photo of the scales showing my weight, plus Dietbet has given me a secret word to tag within the photo so that I can't use an image of weight from ages ago (cheat in other words) and then I will be told how much I need too lose.
What great motivation this is going to be because if there's one thing I hate it's spending money on myself so losing it is not an option.
I feel amazingly optimistic about this and cannot wait to get going.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds great! Good luck, I hope you lose your 4% x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mam Syder. I'm doing pretty good so far but I think it's the montary motivation lol. I'll see what Mondays weigh in reveals.

      Linda

      Delete
  2. I've heard about this . Was never sure how they guarded against cheating. Sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems pretty safe and it really is motivating lol.

      Linda

      Delete