Wednesday 7 January 2015

Self control

I was amazingly self controlled yesterday. I popped into town with my daughter and had to buy some mints for my other daughter as she's giving up smoking (much love to her) and I found myself face to face with chocolate bars. Initially I decided as I was hungry I'd buy a sandwich instead but they all looked so dry and fattening, it was at this point I then turned back to the chocolate, picked some up and tried to convince myself one little bar wouldn't hurt. But I didn't succumb 😃 I walked to the cashier to pay for the mints and nothing else. Thing is my daughter picked up a creme egg which made me suddenly want one and so I told my daughter to put another one on the counter but guess what, she'd picked up the last one so there was none left for me - there were loads of other flavour eggs but I don't like those so I choose to believe that someone was helping me  out 😀
Yesterday was a good day.
Until last night that is which I posted about yesterday and today I was still seething about the comments - to the point where I had to avoid certain people all morning because I didn't want to end up saying something that I would later regret.
I'm still disappointed by the comments and views that were expressed but I'm trying not to take them personally now and instead accept that some people have ignorant views and opinions.
Today has been a good day 😀

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious ignorance" - Martin Luther King.

1 comment:

  1. I love the way will power and luck work together sometimes. Good job resisting all the fattening stuff. Good luck to your daughter as she quits smoking.

    ReplyDelete