Day 3 is 'Cardio power & resistance' and after the insane workout the day before you will need every ounce of willpower and determination to complete it.
The 'warmup' (that term still makes me laugh with disbelief) consists again of a set amount of moves that are repeated 3 times with an increase of intensity during each set - again you get that all important 30 second break between sets. Use those 30secs to crawl to your water.
The moves for the warmup are:-
- Power jacks.
- Log jump.
- 123 heisman.
- Butt kicks
- High knees.
- Vertical jumps.
After that you're onto the butt kicking workout. Here's how this workout goes:-
- Power jumps:- start in a squat position and then jump into the air while bringing your knees up to your chest and slapping your thigh. Once you land you go at it again and again and again for a whole minute.
- Belt kicks:- Love, love, love this move, it's a welcome break after the first move. Start in a squat position again and as you stand up you front kick with one leg. Then go back down in to the squat and repeat again and again.
- Hit the floor:- hmmmm can't explain this one because I hate the move.
- V push ups:- Start in the plank position then walk your feet in so that your backside is in the air and your body has formed a 'V'. Now perform push ups from that position (if you can of course).
- Tri-cep dips:- Performed on the floor in a table position.
- Leg Tricep dip:- Same as above but hold one leg in the air.
- Tri cep ball pushup :- Start in the 'V' position but your walk your feet in and bring your knees to your chest (ball position). Do your dips from that position.
- Hurdle jumps:- Basically running super duper fast on the spot and then hurdling to the side every time Shaun T shouts "jump".
- Globe jumps:- Start in a full squat position with hands touching the floor in front, jump up with hands in the air while leap frogging to the side, then do the same to the back and again to the left and then to the front. 4 jumps = 1 move.
- Moving push ups:- Start in plank position, as you lower your body down move the right hand hand and foot out to the side. As you come back up bring your left hand and foot in. harder than you would think and takes time to master.
- Floor sprints:- Run in a plank position.
I think soon I will start wearing my heart rate monitor to calculate the calories I burn off during these workouts. It's only a cheap one and can be temperamental but if I can get the hang of it I think it will add to motivation if I can see what I am burning off.
Weigh in on Friday and I'm not looking forward to it. I haven't been as 'good' as I should have been this week and I know it's going to show.
Maybe I do need the accountability of a group after all :(