Thursday 17 January 2013

Hairdresser, Insanity and Combat.

ON HOLIDAY UNTIL FEBRUARY 10TH


So, I was brave! Yup, yup yup I got that haircut. I sat in front of that bloody mirror.
As usual I was horriffied at the person staring back at me, that's the reason I avoid mirrors wherever possible but the hardest part was stopping me from calling myself every awful 'fat' name under the sun.
The inner conversation went something like this:

Bad imp: "flippin eck look at those chins"
Good imp: "Nope, not looking"
Bad imp: "Go on, you know you wanna. Fatty, fatty, fateeeeeeeee"
Good imp: "Shan't. I am ignoring you're nasty comments. I have just the one chin........ok maybe two but it's the way I'm sitting"
Bad imp: "You have at least 3 fat filled chins, all jiggly and disgusting looking"
Good imp: "Noooooooo, I have 2..........OMG I DO have 3. I'm fat! I'm disgusting. Oh god this is so embarrassing"

Having said that, the hairdressers was a new one for me and I will definitely be going back at some point in the very distant future.

So, just a few days left until my holiday! We leave on Monday for the drive to our friends in England and then onto the airport and the weather forecasters have informed us that we can expect thick snow just on time to hinder the 500 mile journey down - great!

I'm already counting down to my next workout, Insanity. I loved this workout first time round and if it hadn't knackered my knees I would have finished the second round too.
I'll be doing a daily review of the workout as I go along so that anyone else thinking of doing Insanity can get an honest opinion of what it's like. I have lost any fitness I had gained as it's been a while since I did any kind of workout so I truly will be starting from the beginning again.

Insanity

Next after Insanity will be Les Mills Combat, Ultimate Warrior though I may start with Superior warrior depending on how I feel after Insanity.
I have never done the Les Mills workout before and I chose it because I love martial arts and this workout includes several variations of martial arts. Again I'll be doing a review as I go along and will give you a more detailed description of the workout nearer the date of starting.

Les Mills Combat

1 comment:

  1. I do the same thing to myself when I am in the hair dressers chair.

    ReplyDelete